let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
Welcome to the Townhomes at Woodland Heights. This 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom home set amongst a Garry Oak Meadow is sure to please. Featuring a chef’s dream kitchen with stainless Bosch and Fisher Paykel appliances, quartz countertops and island eating bar. Nine-foot ceilings with grand windows that provide an abundance of natural light. Hardwood floors on main level. 3 bedrooms up, large master with walk ...Listed by RE/MAX CAMOSUN
Buy 1 condo or all 3: Polo Pacific Investor/Renovation Alert - 3 exceptionally priced studio condos WITH PARKING and STORAGE. These unique studios could potentially be transformed into one bed condos with addition of wall. Located in the quiet corner of the complex, these units are one above each other and face the private courtyard. They feature an open concept layout with two large picture windows. There is...Listed by RE/MAX CAMOSUN
Seriously, one of the best Mobile homes in the Valley. This completely professionally renovated house (by the previous owner) looks and feels like a regular rancher. Just about everything was replaced. Situated on a private 1.5 lot size this home offers 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large living room with fireplace and a door leading to a covered deck and separate dining with a very well designed kitchen. There is...Listed by RE/MAX ISLAND PROPERTIES
UNIQUE WEST COAST ARCHITECTURE-HEART OF BRENTWOOD BAY. Just a few blocks from the ocean you will find this updated 5 bed 5 bath home. Nearly 4000 sq. ft. of amazing opportunity. Brand new roof in Nov. 2020! Gourmet eat-in kitchen with everything you can dream of. Spacious living areas with lots of room for the family to spread out. Versatile floor plan offers many options to meet your needs. Primary bedroom ...
WATERFRONT HOME IN BEAUTIFUL BRENTWOOD BAY Offering the best of oceanfront living. From the moment you enter this meticulously updated 3 bedroom 3 bathroom home you will appreciate the attention to detail, quality workmanship and high end finishings. The heart of this home is a great room with soaring vaulted ceilings, gourmet kitchen with Quartz countertops and stunning water views. Step outside onto the spa...
This stunning custom built 5,000 square foot Rancher features spacious and bright one level living on a private 3.24 acre estate lot. A truly amazing place for indoor and outdoor entertaining the home’s gorgeous chef’s kitchen with an enormous granite topped island opens to the sunny pool deck with built-in barbecue and sauna. The main home features 3 bedrooms and 3bathrooms including a large master suite and...Listed by CENTURY 21 QUEENSWOOD REALTY LTD.
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015