let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
ALMOST WATERFRONT - Attention investors or developers - This .52 acre property is ideally located on desirable Ten Mile point offering expansive unobstructed views of peaceful Telegraph Cove and beyond to Haro Strait and the San Juan Islands. Private level lot backs onto Telegraph Bay Rd with beach access steps away. Modest 2 bedroom home with full unfinished basement would make an excellent holding property ...
Welcome to The Meadows, a well managed 55+ gated development of high-end construction and superior finishing. This immaculate 3-bed 3-bath townhouse is updated & move in ready. The main level includes a well-appointed kitchen w/ adjoining eating area, generous living/dining rooms w/ gas f/p, den/office & master suite w/ walk-in closet & 4-piece ensuite. Upstairs is a full bath, second spacious bedroom & third...
****ATTENTION FIRST TIME BUYERS & INVESTORS **** This 4 bedroom 2 bath home with mortgage helper will make an ideal home for families looking to enter the Victoria housing market. 1949 build features all the charm and character of the era with coved ceilings and inlay oak floors. The main level is ready for your design ideas, offering a spacious living room with bright corner windows and fireplace, a formal d...
With three-bedrooms upstairs, plus a fourth bedroom / den on the main this is a fantastic, versatile family layout. Enjoy your great room with cozy gas fireplace and abundant windows looking over peaceful Meadow Park which adjoins your back yard – no neighbours behind you here! Upstairs the master suite offers park views, a walk-in closet, heated-floor ensuite, and double sinks. Other quality details, all inc...Listed by RE/MAX CAMOSUN
You’ll love this charming, Broadmead rancher with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a double car garage. Enjoy having over 1,600 sq ft of generous living space, without losing that quaint, cozy atmosphere when it’s time to cuddle up by the gas fireplace or sit in the sun-soaked atrium with a good book. From the breakfast nook, you’ll enjoy a morning coffee in quiet seclusion, with views of your attractively landsca...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Oak Bay
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015