let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
Sweeping OCEAN VIEWS from all three levels of this 2018 built 4 bedroom 4 bath quality home. Thoughtfully designed with high end finishings throughout, this home is sure to catch your eye. The main level entry creates beautiful open concept space featuring dream kitchen with quartz countertops, elegant backsplash, Bosch appliances and a spacious living area with cozy gas fireplace. Oversized windows and 9 ft ...
Brand new Modern Farmhouse designed home across from the field of Monterey School. Inside you will notice the quality & attention to detail. Foyer with inlayed tile, hardwood floors throughout the main & upper floors. Great room concept with magnificent kitchen with two-tone custom cabinets accented by elegant quartz counters & chef inspired appliances. Adjacent dining area encompassed by windows & vaulted ce...Listed by DFH Real Estate
Welcome to the Townhomes at Woodland Heights. This 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom home set amongst a Garry Oak Meadow is sure to please. Featuring a chef’s dream kitchen with stainless Bosch and Fisher Paykel appliances, quartz countertops and island eating bar. Nine-foot ceilings with grand windows that provide an abundance of natural light. Hardwood floors on main level. 3 bedrooms up, large master with walk ...Listed by RE/MAX CAMOSUN
We are delighted to present this 1987 custom built home on a quiet cul de sac in beautiful Brentwood Bay just steps away from the Bay. The home was built for the present owner and has been lovingly maintained throughout the years. The location is ideal, a short stroll to cafes, marina and shops. During the summer Saturday nights you can sit on the back deck and watch the Butchart Gardens fireworks. The story ...Listed by DFH Real Estate
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015